Academic merit awards:
- Professor Nigel Slater has been appointed Pro Vice Chancellor January 2015
- Professor Gladden was awarded the Royal Society's 2014 Bakerian Lecture for her work in the development of magnetic resonance techniques to study multi-component adsorption, diffusion, flow and reaction processes
- Coatings Science International Science Award, presented in 2012 to Dr Routh
- Academic Enterprise Award (ACE) awarded in 2011 to Dr Carlos Ludlow
and Professor Howards Chase, winner of the Materials/Chemistry category.
Also to Professors Sabine Bahn and Chris Lowe, for the best European Life Sciences Innovation.
- IChemE Donald Medal for Biochemical Engineering, awarded in 2010 to Professor Slater
- IChemE Donald Medal for Biochemical Engineering, awarded in 2009 to Professor Chase
- McBain Medal, RSC/SCI, awarded in 2010 to Dr Routh
- Alec Hough-Grassby Memorial Award, awarded in 2009 to Professor Lisa Hall
- International Young Researcher in Advanced Optical Technologies, awarded in 2008 to Professor Kaminski
- BBSRC Commercial Innovator of the Year, awarded in 2011 to Professor Lowe
- CBE for Professor Gladden (2009)
- OBE for Professor Lowe (2011)
Members and fellows:
CEB researchers include Fellows of both the Royal Academy of Engineering and of the Royal Society, and the department is fully engaged with the professional institutions, including Royal Society of Chemistry, American Chemical Society and the Institution of Chemical Engineers.
The diversity of CEB expertise is also reflected by the election of our researchers to other professional bodies, for example: IoP; Academia Europaea; IPEM; AMPERE; Society of Automotive Engineers; Combustion Institute; DECHEMA; V. Deutscher Ingen; Royal College of Psychiatrists: British Medical Association; American Neuroscience Association; British Association of Psychopharmacology; and the New York Academy of Science.