To be world-leading in research, education and impact in chemical engineering and biotechnology and its application to industry and healthcare.
- Research: The highest-quality research in a vibrant, multidisciplinary environment, which shapes and defines the future direction of Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology, and creatively interfaces with chemistry, biology, physics and medicine to solve challenges facing industry and society.
- Education: To educate students so that they can:
- master the complexities of physical, chemical and biological systems at all scales
- develop, design and synthesise safe and sustainable processes and products
- exploit discoveries
- work within industry, academia, business, society and government.
- Impact: To exploit innovations from research through transfer of our technological advances to industry, or by spinning out companies etc.
- People: We value all of our colleagues and their views and opinions will be heard and respected. We are committed to staff development to give fulfilling careers. We are committed to Equality & Diversity and the Athena Swan tenets.
Teamwork – CEB is a team effort: everyone has an important part to play
Respect – we treat each other with courtesy and mutual respect
Quality and Excellence – to strive for excellence and quality in all aspects of CEB, from research & teaching through to staff development and recognition
Mission – to commit to being world-leading in research & teaching
People – to commit to staff development to give fulfilling careers. Zero tolerance of infringements in E&D, harassment, inappropriate actions...
No Blame - CEB is a democracy: anyone can speak their mind without fear of untoward consequences. People encouraged to take initiatives and take responsibility without fear of failure
Communication – to commit to clear & timely communication, "warts and all"
Safety – we are committed to best practice in safety. To recognise that safety has to be embedded in the culture of CEB: it is not form filling.