Inflammation, Respiratory/Cardiovascular, Oncology, Diabetes and CNS diseases
Dr Hassan Rahmoune (PhD; Lille-I/France) has 25 years relevant experience in cell biology/biochemistry, biomarkers & translational research in both preclinical and clinical settings. He has worked in a pharmaceutical/Biotech (13 years) and academic (12 years) environments and developed a solid research background (>70 scientific manuscripts) in a number of therapeutic areas such as respiratory, oncology, diabetes and CNS diseases.
As a senior researcher at Rodaris Biotechnology/Oxford, group Leader at GlaxoSmithKline/UK and Senior Researcher/Technical Officer at the University of Cambridge, he has the opportunity to translate his academic and Pharma/Biotech knowhow into academic/clinical findings.
Inflammation, respiratory and cardiovascular diseases, Oncology, diabetes and CNS diseases.
Drug target and biomarkers discovery/validation in preclinical and clinical settings
Cell biology, Carbohydrates (Glycobiology) and proteins chemistry
Cryopreservation and biopolymers
- Experience in leading research programs in academia and pharmaceutical settings.
- Experience in supervising undergraduates, PhDs student, and research associates, junior and senior scientists.
Leadership and management development, stewardship, appraisal skills, competency skills, Health & Safety, project management.
Other Professional Activities
Offers consultancy work related to design, running and analysis of preclinical and clinical studies. Particular expertise in the application of molecular biomarkers in various therapeutic areas (Inflammation/Diabetes and CNS diseases), with a focus on:
Innovative study design and introducing the scientific rigor and biological knowhow into pre-clinical (Target discovery) and clinical protocols/studies (Experimental Medicine/Phase I-III clinical protocols)
- Advising on the use of platform technology, biological assays for translational biomarkers studies related to drug discovery/clinical development.
- Translational strategies leading to patient stratification, efficacy/toxicity and diagnostics/prognostic purposes
- Follow up biological and clinical insights to maximize impact of the data and the utility of drug targets/biomarkers discovery and validation
Consultancy agreements are managed via Cambridge Enterprise, the university of Cambridge commercial arm.
Fluent speakers in four languages: English, French, Arabic and Spanish
Published over 70 scientific manuscripts in respiratory biochemistry and physiology, oncology, diabetes and CNS diseases.