An executive short course, in collaboration with ICON Pricing & Market Access.
2017 dates to be announced.
As a result of the significant difficulties associated with obtaining market access, the focus of most pharmaceutical companies has shifted from sales and marketing to the relatively new discipline of strategic pricing and market access. Understanding the prevailing and complex environment is key for effective pharmaceutical product management. This course is designed to provide pharma executives with a detailed understanding of and a practical introduction to the discipline of pricing and market access strategy. The syllabus and case studies demonstrate how an informed and strategic approach can help to capture a higher proportion of the value of a biopharmaceutical product and also to increase the overall intrinsic value of a drug.
Participants in the 'Biopharma' programme will join a small cohort and work together with pricing and market access strategy experts to:
- Develop an understanding of the foundations of value based pricing
- Learn how pricing strategy integrates with the overall product strategy in creating and capturing the value of an innovation
- Understand how health economics and outcomes research can support and complement the deployment of a pricing strategy
- Recognise the boundaries imposed by payers, who have become the ultimate and most influential clients of the pharmaceutical industry
Pharmaceutical pricing strategy is more than simply setting the price of a product in order to recover R&D investments and guarantee a desired profit level. Developing, communicating and finally capturing the value of a new drug are critical to success in a business environment that today is much more challenging for all companies than at any time in the previous three decades.
Delegates therefore will also:
- Build a toolkit to develop and sustain the value of a product
- Learn specific techniques to communicate the value of a new product
- Expand their expertise through practical case studies and interactive sessions
- Formulate best practice in the field of biopharmaceutical pricing
The programme is suitable for mid and senior level executives, including:
- Pharmaceutical industry professionals
- Executives involved in drug development
- Senior management, including board members
- Individuals undergoing role transition from a scientific position to the commercial side of the pharmaceutical business
- Commercial executives requiring an in-depth understanding of pricing and market access
- Health economists and researchers involved in drug discovery and development
Please note that the course is not generally considered suitable for consultants or other service providers.
The course takes place in the conference facilities of Corpus Christi, one of Cambridge’s oldest and most beautiful Colleges. Located in the historic centre of the city, the College is conveniently close to hotels, restaurants and other amenities. For more information visit: www.corpus.cam.ac.uk and http://www.corpus.cam.ac.uk/conferences/
To register to attend and for further information about participation and logistics please see the Delegate Registration page.
Please email Dr Linda Allan if you have any questions about the course provision or making arrangements to participate: email@example.com