Announcing a competition, open to all staff and students in the Department to create a picture that tells 1000 words about our world-leading research
.......... an image or video that portrays the dynamic and innovative research in CEB that will excite the reader to discover more about us.
We are searching for an image and caption that relate to research in the Department with the following themes:
- Energy, Climate Change and Sustainability
- Health, Management and the Life Sciences
- Risk and Resilience
- Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Knowledge Exchange
We are especially interested in images that show how we bridge the gap between groups in CEB to realise these themes. It might be a photograph, or an SEM image, or a graphic that you have produced. The image may be drawn, downloaded from a camera, created from several sub-images or it may be enhanced. We challenge you to describe the innovation and excellence of the research in CEB in pictures.
The first prize will be a £100 Amazon voucher and the second prize will be a £25 Amazon voucher. The winning image will feature on the Department's website, newsletter, around the department, and may receive national and international press coverage.
- The image must be submitted by email to email@example.com by 31 January 2012
- The entrant must include the following statement in the text of the email:
I have checked with my manager/supervisor/DoS __________________ that I have permission to enter the attached photograph(s) in the competition and give the Department of Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology the right to publish the photograph(s) on its website and elsewhere
- The entrant must also provide:
- description of the image and how it depicts one of the themes, bridging the research activities in the Department, noting whether the image is a composite of several images or has been enhanced in any way.
- any due acknowledgements
- The following guidelines should be followed:
- Ideally the photograph should be of good print quality, but if it is available only as a web quality image then please still enter
- Make no assumptions about the photograph we are seeking
- There is no limit to the number of photographs that you may enter.
- It is better to send one photo attachment per email as the attachment size limit on hermes is 25MB.
If you're looking for inspiration, please see the Department of Engineering's Photography and Video competition entries.