Elena Gonzalez presenting two of the prize winners with their awards: Christopher Bawden and Prof Howard Chase
The department recently held a competition to help us come up with a list of key straplines. The objective was to come up with a list of different meaningful 'slogans' on important aspects related to our activities. These slogans will be used in departmental communications materials and templates and as 'teasers' in relevant website sections.
The 3 categories were:
- Education (as related to teaching provisions and quality)
- Impact (Role of innovation, industry and development of technological solutions)
We're now delighted to confirm that the Judges (Lisa Hall, Patrick Barrie and Chris Lowe) have considered all the submissions and have made a decision on the winning straplines. It has been a tough call but as they found parts from different entries quite appealing, they have agreed to split the prizes in each category as follows:
Winning entries in the 'Education' Category:
- With us, enter to learn and leave to achieve. (Hassan Rahmoune)
- Preparing you to deliver industry's future. (Howard Chase)
Winning entries in the 'Impact' Category:
- Translating discovery into reality. (Howard Chase)
- Your challenge is our innovation. (Hassan Rahmoune)
Winning entries in the 'Research' Category:
- Chemistry, Engineering and Biotechnology: striving in synergy for a bright and sustainable future. (Christopher Bawden)
- Multidisciplinary excellence, from theory to application through collaboration - as one department. (Adam Colbourne)
Congratulations to all the winners (Hassan, Howard, Adam and Christopher). They have been awarded Amazon vouchers.
Thanks to all of those who entered the competition, your contributions have been much appreciated, and to the Judges for offering their time to consider all the entries and giving their feedback!