This year Cambridge is top of the subject tables for Chemical Engineering in The Complete University Guide and the Guardian University Guide.
Cambridge University is also ranked top of all UK universities by both those guides.
The Complete University Guide is based on nine key aspects of university activity. These aspects are:
- Student Satisfaction: from the National Student Survey
- Research Assessment: from the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise
- Entry Standards: based on student's examination results
- Student Staff Ratio
- Academic Services Spend: expenditure on library and computing facilities, museums, galleries and observatories divided by the number of students
- Facilities Spend: expenditure on student facilities (sports, careers services, health, counselling, etc) divided by the number of students.
- Good Honours: the percentage of graduates achieving a first or upper second class honours degree.
- Graduate Prospects: a measure of the employability of a university's graduates
- Completion: the percentage of students who were expected to complete their course or transfer to another institution