- Permit to Work System for Contractors and Service Engineers
- Permit to work form for Contractors Please use a duplicate book wherever possible. Permits should be issued only by authorised persons.
- University Hot Work Permit
- Instruction to Contractors and Service Engineers (contractors)
- Asbestos release emergency plan
Hazardous Waste Regulations 2005
You may be aware that the new Hazardous Waste Regulations 2005 have recently come into force. Consequently over 200 additional items will be classified as Hazardous Waste, including fluorescent tubes and CRT monitors, which will require removal by a suitably licensed contractor. The Environment Agency site registration number must be quoted on any consignment notes for hazardous waste, and these are given below.
The registration number for the New Museums Site is NAB 712.
The registration number for the West Cambridge Site (covering the MRRC) is NAB 714
The registration number for Laundry Farm is NAB 723
Additionally, University guidance for the disposal of Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment is available at the following address: http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/cam-only/offices/environment/guidance/it.html